Commercial Litigation remains CPH Legal's key legal service area. In particular, our strength is acting for parties involved in commercial fraud cases. CPH Legal’s solicitors have previously handled cases with claim amounts in the region of hundreds of millions of dollars. In these cases, we pay close attention to the needs of our clients and their budgets, and devise effective and appropriate plans and strategies.
Apart from breach of contract, cases involving serious allegations, commercial and cyber fraud, we have also handled conflicts arising out of employment and shareholders relationships, such as breaches of trust, embezzlements, and stealing of confidential business information.
In commercial disputes and fraud cases that involve criminal elements, CPH Legal frequently works with the Hong Kong Police Force Commercial Crime Bureau (CCB) and Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC), whether as the defendant’s defence lawyer, or as the legal representative of the informant.
In commercial fraud and cyberfraud cases, we have experience in applying for Mareva Injunction Order (a court order to freeze properties especially bank accounts) and Norwich Pharmacal Order (a court order to compel a third party to disclose information) on behalf of clients.
As an international financial centre, much of commercial litigation in Hong Kong involves overseas parties and cross-border legal issues. Our lawyers have worked with top legal teams from Mainland China, South Korea, the United States, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and offshore jurisdictions such as the Republic of Seychelles.
We are experienced in handling land disputes in Hong Kong, such as disputes related to the ownership of a piece of land or property where one side argues the existence of a trust over the land or property. We also handle adverse possession claims.
Besides, one of major practice areas is to represent owners in the Lands Tribunal in cases involving Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment. We have fought and obtained reasonable compensation for clients in this type of cases.
Our experience in commercial litigation includes:
- Local Litigation in Hong Kong
- Cross-border Litigation (Mainland China and Oversea)
- Shareholder Disputes
- Land Disputes
- Disputes related to Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment
- Mareva Injunction Order - Court Order to freeze bank accounts in commercial fraud and cyberfraud cases
- Norwich Pharmacal Order - Court Order to compel a third party (typically a bank) to disclose information and documents of the defendant
- Employment Disputes
- Cases involving the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong (SFC), Hong Kong Police Force Commercial Crime Bureau (CCB) and Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC)
We have represented clients such as:
- A Korean Semiconductor Supplier
- A Korean Entertainment Company's major shareholder
- A Korean Multinational Shipping Company
- A Japanese Technology Company’s major shareholder
- A French Investment Bank’s executive
- A Chinese Enterprise’ shareholder
- A major Hong Kong Skincare and Beauty Brand
- A Hong Kong Logistic Company
- Hong Kong Trading Companies and SMEs
- A Hong Kong hotel’s senior manager
- Various Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan and Overseas individual clients